The ultimate in flexible polishing technology.
The Q-flex family of polishing systems from QED Technologies takes precision optics manufacturing to new heights. Q-flex systems offer all of the legendary determinism of MRF polishing, plus increased flexibility and repeatability in modular, production–ready platforms that help you manufacture smarter. Q-flex systems deliver unprecedented manufacturing capabilities—especially for difficult spheres aspheres, and freeforms.
The Q-flex 300 offers:
Ergonomic Part Loading
- Allows for ergonomic part mounting & alignment
- Moves to inverted polishing position once mounted & centered.
- Part size up to: ~300 x 300 mm * (larger parts achievable depending on geometry)
- Part Shapes: Plano, Cylinder, Sphere, Asphere, Off-axis Asphere, Full Freeform
- Part Apertures: Round, Rectangular, Hexagonal, Elliptical
- Part size up to: ~300 x 300 mm *
- Part Shapes: Off-axis Aspheres, Toroids, Polynomial Freeforms
- Max freeform surface slopes of:
- ~90° in X-direction (depending on part geometry)
- ~30-45° in Y-direction (depending on the wheel)
- “Around the wheel” polishing creates virtual axis
- Part size up to: ~300 mm Ø *
- Part Shapes: Plano, Sphere, Asphere
- Part Apertures: Round
Specifications subject to change without notice.
* Please note that workpiece geometry and weight specifications are approximate values to be used as general guidelines. Due to other factors such as workpiece inertia that are difficult to quantify, there are parts outside this range that can indeed be run under certain circumstances, as well as parts within this range that may not run under all circumstances. Please use caution when attempting parts outside these limits, or contact QED for further guidance.