Polish and finish ground freeform optics up to 1.2 meters in size to high precision… with one machine!
The latest MRF Technology
- Expanded size capability
- Polish aperture sizes up to 1200 mm
- QED.NET software
- EFMS (Electronic Fluid Monitoring System) fluid control system.
- Polishing plano sphere, asphere, cylinder and freeform optics up to 1200 mm x 1200 mm
- Multi-part batch polishing software
- 4 different axes configurations available
Interchangeable polishing heads
- The 50 mm MRF wheel can polish small surface features and reduce edge effects.
- The 370 mm MRF wheel has high material removal rates to cover large surfaces quickly.
- The Pad Polisher allows for pre-polishing or smoothing:
- Variable orbit and spin RPM
- Variable pressure
- 50 mm and 100 mm pad polishing heads
Polish aperture sizes up to 1200 mm
|Coordinated Axes||X, Y, Z||X, Y, Z, C||X, Y, Z, B, C||X, Y, Z, B, C, Q|
MRF polishing of plano optics
|950 x 1200||950 x 1200||12000 x 12004||1200 x 12004|
Pad polishing of plano optics
|950 x 12002||950 x 12002||950 x 12002||950 x 12002|
MRF polishing of “mild” sphere, asphere and freeform optics
|950 x 12003|
MRF polishing of cylinder, sphere, asphere and freeform optics
|1200 x 12003,4||1200 x 12003,4||1200 x 12003,4|
Pad polishing of plano, sphere and asphere optics
|1200 x 12002|
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Workpiece geometry and weight specifications are approximate values to be used as general guidelines. Due to other factors such as workpiece inertia that are difficult to quantify, there are parts outside this range that can be run under certain circumstances, as well as parts within this range that may not run under all circumstances. Use caution when attempting parts outside these limits, or contact QED for further guidance.
** Vacuum generation is supplied with machine.
*** Axes are applicable to machine model and configuration.
**** Distilled water must be used for the chiller. The use of DI water (De-Ionized Water) is prohibited due to its reaction with metals in the lines, couplings and chiller unit.
1. Actual machine capabilities will vary based on part geometry. Contact QED for detailed capability charts.
2. Requires purchase of Pad Head, Pad FCM, and Software License.
3. Requires purchase of Freeform Polishing Software License
4.Requires purchase of Extended Range Polishing Software License. If this license is not purchased, part size is limited to 950 mm x 1200 mm.