QED innovation and ingenuity brings expanded capabilities and versatility to optics metrology. With the ASI(Q), optics manufacturers can measure a wider range of aspheres and freeforms with more accuracy and faster, without relying on dedicated, expensive null-optics.
The ASI(Q) is powered by QIS, the QED Interferometer for Stitching. QIS is designed and engineered by QED Technologies and takes asphere metrology to the next level of performance. QIS is optimized for stitching and allows the user to collect high quality data on parts with high fringe densities, short radii, with better resolution and with less retrace error.
Measure High Departure Aspheres
QIS is a standard offering on the ASI(Q) platform, or available as a field upgrade to existing ASI and SSI-A platforms.
The ASI(Q) allows users to measure high departure aspheres and freeforms over the full aperture. Contact us if you would like to learn more about the ASI(Q) metrology system.
The ASI(Q) with QIS is:
- Full aperture, for deterministic correction of the whole surface
- Accurate, to achieve tighter optical specifications
- Flexible, to minimize custom tooling and lead time
- Automated and easy-to-use
- Capable of testing aspheres without dedicated nulls
Configure the ASI(Q) that best fits your needs:
- Measure planos, spheres, aspheres and freeforms
- Measure diameters from 300 mm to 550 mm.
The Stitching Advantage
Stitching technology has four major advantages over standard interferometry:
- Larger field of view—you can see more of the surface.
- Higher lateral spatial frequencies—you can see a better picture of the surface.
- Improved accuracy—automatically calibrates systematic instrument errors
- Asphere and freeform measurement capability without null optics
Measure Smarter. Measure Better.
ASI(Q) Technical Capabilities
ASI(Q) Product Specifications
|ASI(Q)||ASI(Q) XR||ASI(Q) XRC|
|Measurement||300 mm Ø**||480 mm Ø**||550 mm Ø**|
VON (Variable Optical Null)
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Specifications may vary depending on system options and part prescription.
** Gravity sag compensation not included.
*** The QRc radius measurement system from QED Technologies is an optional feature that enables precise measurement of the radius of curvature using a laser displacement measuring interferometer (DMI). The QRc is integrated directly into any QED metrology platform so it operates seamlessly with the QED.NET software. The QRc is available for any QED metrology system using QED.NET software.